It is normal for most people to have a few questions when considering chiropractic care to naturally help treat their pain and injuries. If you or someone you know is considering chiropractic, but still has questions then you are going to want to keep reading.
What kinds of conditions do chiropractors treat? Chiropractic care focuses on your joints, vertebrae, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. One of the most common reasons a person seeks out chiropractic care is because he or she is in pain. The pain can be caused by an accident or injury, but chiropractors also treat back, neck, and shoulder pain due to poor posture, tendonitis, arthritis, or other various health conditions.
Pain, stiffness, and soreness can occur when a person's spine becomes misaligned. Chiropractic treatments are designed to help improve and restore the alignment of the spine, ease muscle tension, relieve nerve pressure, decrease inflammation, and improve range of motion. Chiropractic care can be potentially helpful for many different conditions such as:
- Headaches and Migraines
- Spinal Disc Issues
- Spinal Stenosis
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Pinched Nerves
- Text Neck
- Leg Length Discrepancy
- Immune System Issues
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ)
- Tingling and Numbness in the Hands, Feet, Arms, and Legs
- Pain in the Back, Neck, Head, Shoulders, Arms, Ribs, Hips, Legs, Feet and Pelvis
- Poor Posture
- Sprains and Strains
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
What kinds of treatments do chiropractors offer? The most common treatment a chiropractor offers is a spinal manipulation also known as an adjustment. An adjustment is a natural, hands-on, holistic method of treatment that realigns the vertebrae in your spine. Adjustments benefit people by helping to reduce inflammation, improve range of motion, enhance blood flow, and decrease pressure on joints, tendons, nerves, muscles, and ligaments.
In addition to adjustments, chiropractors may suggest the following treatments:
- Massage-Massage can help decrease pain, ease muscle tension, increase blood flow, promote relaxation, and promote healing.
- Soft Tissue Mobilization-Stretching helps decrease pain, increase range of motion, and improve flexibility.
- Heat and Cold-Hot packs help increase blood flow and muscle relaxation. Cold packs work to decrease pain caused by inflammation.
- Ultrasound Treatment-Ultrasound helps by relaxing muscles, improving blood flow, and decreasing inflammation.
- Transcutaneous Electrical Stimulation (TENS)-TENS help to block pain signals.
Am I a good candidate for chiropractic treatment? Chiropractic care is a good, safe, and natural treatment for most people. To ensure you are a good candidate for treatment a chiropractor will perform a thorough examination, order X-rays, perform diagnostics tests, and discuss your medical history and symptoms during your first visit before recommending a treatment plan. If you are experiencing the following symptoms or conditions chiropractic care may be right for you:
- Pain that affects any part of your body
- Joint Pain
- Muscle pain, weakness, tingling or numbness
- Difficulty walking, maintaining your balance, sitting or standing without pain
- Frequent headaches, fatigue or difficulty concentrating due to your symptoms
Chiropractic care can help heal your body naturally. It can also help you achieve and maintain your health and wellness goals. So make a chiropractic appointment today and start experiencing healing from within. Your body will thank you for it.
For more information or to schedule an appointment visit www.hambychiro.com or call 912-826-444.
Journal of the American Medical Association: Association of Spinal Manipulative Therapy with Clinical Benefit and Harm for Acute Low Back Pain, 4/11/17
Spine Universe: What Disorders Do Chiropractors Treat?
U.S. News & World Report: Surprise: Chiropractors Can Treat These 5 Conditions, 11/30/15
American Chiropractic Association: What is Chiropractic?